Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Maxxis 700 x 23 Detonator (White) Review

Maxxis 700 x 23 Detonator (White)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Got some Maxxis detonators March 2010. I have about 1200-1300 miles on a set and they pooped out on me. I ride about 150-200 miles/week I've been cycling since I was 11 (did RAGBRAI on an old schwinn crisscross) and while I am not a certified mechanic, I know a fair amount about equipment. My LBS suggested these tires to me when in a pinch for some new ones. They did ok, but I have burned through a couple of patch kits. Right out of the gate I was getting flats. The latest nightmare happened while on my first 300 km brevet this past weekend. 5 flats. That really hurt considering I was trying to just finish, let alone stop and fix flats.
Either way, I'm going a different direction with my tires. The colors were fun and entertaining, the tires look good and perform well on smooth, debris free roads (what tire doesn't, and what road is free of debris?). But, I am going the way of practicality from now on and ordered me up some marathon +'s. I can't fix a flat every couple hundred miles, despite getting really good at changing tubes with these tires.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Maxxis 700 x 23 Detonator (White)

The Maxxis Detonator, with its dual compound tread pattern, provides a durable training tire with a race pedigree. The Detonator is durable enough to provide plenty of winter miles, yet supple and grippy enough to race on in the summer.*Grooved, slick design with Silkworm protection to resist punctures and tears*Dual compound tire with 57a outer for good cornering; 62a center for low rolling resistance and long life. Item Specifications; Tire Bead:Folding; ISO Diameter:622 / road / 29'; ISO Width:23mm; Labeled Size:23; Color Tread/Side:Black/White; Tire Type:Clincher; Tire Diameter:700c; Tire Use:Road; Defined Color:White;

Buy NowGet 19% OFF

Click here for more information about Maxxis 700 x 23 Detonator (White)

0 comments:

Post a Comment