Sunday, April 22, 2012

Origin8 Classic Pro Quill Stem - 26.0mm Bar Clamp, 180 x 80 x 22.2mm Silver Review

Origin8 Classic Pro Quill Stem - 26.0mm Bar Clamp, 180 x 80 x 22.2mm Silver
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
First off, let me just say that everything else about this stem is fine with great vintage styling on the cheap.
My copy had a terrible clamp alignment. Meaning the clamp hole was not machined out straight, causing my bar to be clamped in at a slight offset angle. Since I purchased this for a junker I simply went ahead and grinded (causing the chrome plating to peel) it out and shimmed the other side to realign the bar. This shouldn't have been necessary, but what can you expect from a cheapo stem.
I would probably still buy this again if I had to build another junker in hopes that it was an one off incident. However, if these are mass produced, it's very likely the entire lot is misaligned. Ask seller to check before shipping.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Origin8 Classic Pro Quill Stem - 26.0mm Bar Clamp, 180 x 80 x 22.2mm Silver

Product Details?Forged alloy 6061 contruction?Hidden-bolt face clamp?Barrel is silver with laser etched logoProduct Info TypeRoad Quill Fork Dia1" (22.2) Length80 Bar Clamp26.0 Angle-17d ColorSil Ano. MaterialAL 6061 FinishPolished Steerer180mm

Buy Now

Click here for more information about Origin8 Classic Pro Quill Stem - 26.0mm Bar Clamp, 180 x 80 x 22.2mm Silver

0 comments:

Post a Comment